lubavitch.com Chabad-Lubavitch news site

Rationalist Judaism

YU Torah Online

Friday, September 16, 2011

Getting Caught in the Theoretical and Breaking Free. « TheWritersCafe.org

Getting Caught in the Theoretical and Breaking Free. « TheWritersCafe.org: "(like some other frum Jews in the area we currently do not watch TV at home) said “Your annoying me”. My mother took that as an insult, asked for Dinah to surrender the remote, and turn off the TV, until Dinah apologized. Now Dinah did not feel like she did anything wrong, so she was upset. I know how my mom felt because Dinah may have used that word with me, in the same context, and it did not exactly give a warm fuzzy feeling. However we have discussed and Dinah knows that she is entitled to speak and express herself. Also it is not like it is exactly an insult, however on the other hand nobody wants to view themselves as a source of annoyance"

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment